Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Fun in the Sun!!



This summer is flying by, with no complaints from me! Everyone knows I love summer, but the faster time goes by, the sooner my Baby comes home!! We have had such a great time having Emy stay with us and we will miss her very much. We got to do lots of fun things with her. She took this picture of Payson and I before church on Sunday and I just can't get over how adorable he looks!!

The Thursday before we took Emy home, we had to go to the pool one more time! She decided to be brave and jump off the high dive! We were so proud of her. While she was doing that, Payson has having his own good time playing in the splash pool. He definitely loves the water and loves being able to play in the 2 ft. pool because he can walk around by himself!




On Thursday night we took a drive up to the Garden of the Gods. Payson loves being able to run around and climb on the rocks! His poor little legs are all bruised up, but I guess i had better get used to that. He is such a busy little guy!!

Payson was doing his monkey crawl across the rocks!

On Friday we went to the Fine Arts Center (Thanks again Sam for the VIP tickets!) On our way there, we passed a splash park and decided to check it out on our way home! i had no idea Payson was going to love it so much! But really? I should've known better!!

He kept putting his face right above the holes so when the water would splash out, he would run away cracking up laughing because he had gotten soaked!

Too bad I didn't have a change of clothes!


While we were at the splash park, there was a big festival being set up. They actually had the Budweiser Clydesdales and carriage there too! We didn't stay long enough to see the horses out of the truck, but we did get to go look at them up in the truck. As we were leaving we saw a rock climbing wall, so of course I had to do it! They guy told me that I had to let him tell me about the Army (he was a recruiter) and he would let me go for free. I told him shayne was already in the Army and that he was deployed, so he let me do it anyway! I was wearing flip flops so I took them off and went barefoot! And by the way, go Me for being the first one to make it all the way to the top!!


After the splash park, we went home to change clothes and get ready for the Sky Sox game!! We had such a great time and I hope Emy had a great last day!!! We really enjoyed having her! Now it is time to get ready for our next adventure!!


Payson had to sport his Montana Sweater at the game so everyone would know where he is from! Gotta represent!!

6 comments:

Little Family!!!! said...

oh he looks so much bigger then the last time I saw him already. Is it September yet??

Michelle & Steve said...

I'm so impressed. It looks like you are finding such fun things to do while Shayne is away, which has got to help. And glad to hear that Shayne is doing well and you get to hear from him lots - that makes all the difference!

Gardner Family said...

A sweatshirt in the middle of summer?!?!?! (*sigh*)

It looks so much cooler there....

We are officially melting here in AZ. Looking on the bright side--only 8 more weeks (give or take a few) of heat to go!

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

Ya, the weather has been nice here in CO. It always cools off at night, so a sweatshirt was necessary! I love it that it will be 95 during the day and 65 at night!!

Seth and Jayne said...

you all look like you are doing awesome! I wish we could see you again soon! If you and Payson want a mini break or a not so mini break back east PLEASE come and stay with us!!! Ollie and Payson would have a blast together:-)

ps. this is jayne, but i don't know how to change it from it looking like seth is posting:-)

pss. chester copperpot...

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

LOL!!!! Chester Copperpot!!!! I soo would have got 100% on that quiz but my computer froze at the end of the quiz so when I re did it, I accidentally hit the one above Sean Astin! Grrr!