Monday, January 31, 2011

It's A New Day, It's A New Dawn, It's A New....Ok, You Get The Point!


Since I have not blogged for nearly 6 months I decided this year my resolution was to blog AT LEAST once a month. So here it is January 31st and I have yet to blog! I've decided this year that on top of sharing things about our Family that I would also share some of my own thoughts! Exciting right?! We have had an EXTREMELY busy month to say the least! It began with a trip to AZ for sweet Lizzy's Baptism and then 2 days after getting home heading to Montana for Jonathan and Athlene's Sealing. It has been a great month! I always love going to the Billings Temple. It is so beautiful and I have been to it more then any other Temple so it has a special place in my heart. While we were in MT I had the opportunity to sit and visit with Grandma Heap nearly everyday. There is just something about that woman that I can't get enough of. I could sit and listen to her stories all day. She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. She has had such a huge influence on me for the past neary 9 years and I don't think she has any idea! I only hope I can be as strong as her someday! After coming back home it was time to go back to work for Shayne and back to reality for me...laundry, house cleaning, but best of all some of the best GIRLS in the world!! Sometimes I love to just relax and think of all the blessings in my life and the blessings of this past year! Most importantly getting my Sweetheart safely home!! He is truly my best friend and I couldn't imagine anyone else I would rather have a sleepover with EVERY night! I can't help but think about how we almost didn't come to Colorado because we could have stayed in Maryland so Shayne could teach at BOLC III. Knowing there was a pending deployment we chose to come to CO anyway. We know it was the place to be and we couldn't have been more right. While Shayne was deployed I met some of the most amazing girls in my ward who helped the 2nd half of the deployment go by so fast! Some of their Husbands left at the end of Shayne's deployment, some right after he came home, and some leaving in a couple months! So we just get to continue the cycle of taking care of each other and being that "Army Wife" for each other! We are all different ages but the friendship that we have has built a bond that I know will be for a lifetime! I feel like with my Sweet Shayne and Payson, our crazy Families and the wonderful friends in our lives, we are sitting in a perfect spot right now and couldn't ask for more!

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Awwww...couldn't agree more! Great post!! And I LOVE your wallpaper =) I kinda wanna change mine but think I'll wait till Bill get's home =)