Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Come What May...

Well I just thought I would let everyone know that Shayne left this morning for Afghanistan. I can't tell you exactly where he will be, but I know he will be safe and well taken care of. He will be gone for a total of 12 months....or 52 weeks. We decided it didn't sound as long if you count it in weeks! I am not going to be putting much information on here about what he is doing and what not, just for safety reasons, but if you would like an address to send him letters please let me know. I know he would appreciate all the support he can get! We love you all and are so greatful for everything that everyone has done for us!

5 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Chelsea! My heart goes out to you and Shayne!! I hope you and he both know how much we appreciate what he is doing for US!! I admire you for being able to let him do this! PLEASE send me his address and keep me updated. We LOVE to write letters to our military men for Family HOme Evening. You can send it to my email tiffanimartineau@hotmail.com. May God bless your little family and especially Shayne!!

Much love,
Tiffani

Rachel said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you also! Thank you for your sacrifice and example for us!

Seth and Jayne said...

I would love it if you gave me and Seth Shayne's address over there. We would love to be able to send some care packages and write a few letters to our extended family:-) We love you all so much and you are in our prayers! I can't wait to convince you to come and visit us! Oliver is dying to meet you and Payson:-)

Michelle & Steve said...

I would love to have Shayne's address and maybe yours as well. Are you spending his deployment with family, or are you just going to be at your home? And although I haven't been through a deployment, I've got to tell you that my friends who have say that the best thing is to build in regular things for just you...getting your nails done, working out, a massage...whatever works! We'll be thinking about you.

Also, I have to add that I LOVED the picture of Mary in Shyne's gear...she really is so tough. :)

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

Thanks everyone! Shayne's address is

Shayne D, Heap
Fury Co 2-12 IN
FOB Blessing
APO AE 09354