Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!





















So this weekend Shayne had 4 days off so we did a few different fun things. On friday everyone on Post had a game day and competed against each other so we came to watch the games and play in the park.....And as fun as that was, we finally got to go to the beach!! We had so much fun! Payson preferred to sit on the beach and eat the sand over actually playing in the water so Shayne and I took turns swimming. Although I didn't get to do much swimming because every time I went in the water, the under current got the better of me and would wash me back up to shore! And of course Shayne thought it was hilarious! Which by the way, I have this theory about cheap sunglasses. If you buy cheap ones you will never lose them. No matter how many times they dissapear, they always pop back up somewhere. And if for some reason you do lose them, it's not a big deal because they were cheap. Well I had this $5 pair of sunglasses for 4 years that Shayne hated so he finally talked me into buying nice ones and chucking the old ones....and of course I was wearing them at the beach, got sloshed around in the water and they fell off my head and sucked into the ocean forever! So needless to say I learned my lesson about spending money on sunglasses when the cheap ones work fine! And Dad, I know you will appreciate this story! But after an amazingly fun weekend together, Shayne had to go back to work today, but at least it is only a 3 day week!

2 comments:

Little Family!!!! said...

oh he is just getting too big!! looks like staying in maryland is really paying off. I am glad you are able to be there. don't have too much fun!! love you

Kenna said...

he is such a cutie! they grow so fast don't they?!